Calling all CSFP families with children in grades 3-5!
Kids whose families spend time reading with them have improved literacy and reading comprehension skills. Join CSFP staff and members of our Young Friends group once a quarter for a lively discussion over lunch.
These group conversations promote on-level reading, increase students’ confidence in their reading and sharing abilities, and foster connectedness within the CSFP community, all while exposing students to books and authors that empower and inspire.
How to Join
Simply read our selected book for the quarter and talk about our discussion questions with your child. Families can read at their own pace, and CSFP will bring everyone together for a celebration and discussion at the end of each reading period. For more information please contact our team.
Theme for 2
Books of Interest
- The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson (Kindergarten-3rd grade)
- Harry Versus the First 100 Days of School (Kindergarten-3rd grade)
- Wonder by RJ Palacio (3rd-7th grade)
- Swim Team by Johnnie Christmas 3rd-7th grade
Literary & Cultural Resources
- Amazon Kids+
- Art Reach
- Scholastic Recommended Books
- Crane Community Center
- English Classes
- Youth Programs
- Rec Center